incorrect information

SharronB5
Participant

incorrect information

I am trying to update an email. The system says it already exists but when I search for it there are no results round.
3 REPLIES 3
William_D

Hello @SharronB5 ,

Do you know if the contact you're trying to update the email for has been unsubscribed and resubscribed previously? If so, then by Compliance protocols that email address is locked in for the contact, and you'll need to add the updated email address as a new contact. If not, please reply to the @ mention email with the two email addresses in question so we can investigate further.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

I checked for unsubscribed and there are none listed as I had removed them with this last update.

Is there a secret list I cannot view?

Thanks

Sharron 

Hello @SharronB5,

It sounds like this email address you are trying to update was unsubscribed previously so you will not be able to edit it. You will want to send a Lead Generation Landing Page link to the customer so they can sign up again. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.