How can I promote my business with Tiktok?

SOLVED
Go to solution
VanessaM7330
Employee

TikTok is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world! Are there any strategies that I should consider when using it to promote my business?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Chris-S
Administrator

Good question @VanessaM7330. My friends and family are hooked on TikTok. I asked them for some tips.

One thing to keep in mind is TikTok is purely video-focused. TikTok can be a fun and effective way to reach a younger audience and increase brand visibility.

Create content that is entertaining, informative, or inspiring. Use music, filters, and effects to make your videos more engaging. You also have to create new content fairly regularly to build and audience and keep them engaged. Another option is to reach out to TikTok creators they are storytellers/brand advocates, and the TikTok community trusts their opinions. Lastly, TikTok also has paid ads like many other social networks. 

TikTok does offer a Business Starter Guide to help

Exciting news! Announcing our latest offering, Campaign Builder. Create stunning email campaigns effortlessly and efficiently with our intuitive tool!

View solution in original post

Nick_S
Administrator

This is some sound advice from Chris (or, well, his friends and family). I'm also not on TikTok, but I'm curious if you're already using other platforms like YouTube or Instagram? YouTube has Shorts and Instagram has Reels, which are basically their version of TikTok after it tok off (I can't help myself).

Arguably, it's possible your audience on YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok aren't exactly the same so it might not be as simple as cross-posting the same content on all channels, but it's a good place to start. If you already have some engagement data to go off of, maybe it would just require some slight tweaks to better fit the content for a different video platform.

For example, TikTok's audience tends to skew younger, so maybe it's just a matter of changing up the background music you use for the video to appeal to that demographic even if you used a different tune on another channel.

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Abigail_S
Administrator

@ACTIVATE @TraceyLeeDavis @MelanieDiehl @DavidFischerSolutionsForGrowth Do any of you utilize Tiktok? If so, how have you used Tiktok to market your business? 

If you haven't used Tiktok yet, what's stopping you? 

TraceyLeeDavis
Community Coach

I don't use it myself, for business or personal use. I tell my clients that they don't have to be on every single social platform, and I follow my own advice. It's just one more thing to manage, and I do not have the bandwidth. That being said, I often watch TikToks, just once they reach Facebook. :smileyface:

Tracey Lee Davis

ZingPop Social Media

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

Chris-S
Administrator

Good question @VanessaM7330. My friends and family are hooked on TikTok. I asked them for some tips.

One thing to keep in mind is TikTok is purely video-focused. TikTok can be a fun and effective way to reach a younger audience and increase brand visibility.

Create content that is entertaining, informative, or inspiring. Use music, filters, and effects to make your videos more engaging. You also have to create new content fairly regularly to build and audience and keep them engaged. Another option is to reach out to TikTok creators they are storytellers/brand advocates, and the TikTok community trusts their opinions. Lastly, TikTok also has paid ads like many other social networks. 

TikTok does offer a Business Starter Guide to help

Exciting news! Announcing our latest offering, Campaign Builder. Create stunning email campaigns effortlessly and efficiently with our intuitive tool!

Nick_S
Administrator

This is some sound advice from Chris (or, well, his friends and family). I'm also not on TikTok, but I'm curious if you're already using other platforms like YouTube or Instagram? YouTube has Shorts and Instagram has Reels, which are basically their version of TikTok after it tok off (I can't help myself).

Arguably, it's possible your audience on YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok aren't exactly the same so it might not be as simple as cross-posting the same content on all channels, but it's a good place to start. If you already have some engagement data to go off of, maybe it would just require some slight tweaks to better fit the content for a different video platform.

For example, TikTok's audience tends to skew younger, so maybe it's just a matter of changing up the background music you use for the video to appeal to that demographic even if you used a different tune on another channel.

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

MelanieDiehl
Community Coach

I'm like Tracey: I don't use Tik Tok for personal or business. As an agency, we decided to "stay in our lane" and focus on assets we/our clients own: website, email lists, and lead magnets, and use social media to drive traffic there. 

PS. transparency: I'm tired of consuming content and spending so much time on my phone! I believe TT would just add to my consumption and I'd much rather spend that time with family and friends or reading a physical book or being outdoors! 😉 I guess that's one of the curses of a social media marketer--the love/hate relationship with social media.

Melanie Diehl

Melanie & co Marketing Collective

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
JUN 27
Boost Your Email Results with Segmentation & Personalization
2PM - 3PM EST
JUL 10
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 3PM EST