Sign-up forms

Participant

Sign-up forms

When I create a sign-up form - there's text added to the bottom of the form that I can not edit, shown in this image it states; "By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from..."

what I see when creating the formwhat I see when creating the form

However, when I embed the form on my webpage it now says; "By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive null from...."

what the embedded  for showswhat the embedded for shows

I have not found any way to fix this... and it just looks bad, and confusing to the customers

Keith

14 REPLIES 14
Employee

Hello @PeterA045,

Thank you for the screenshots showing the issue with the text at the bottom of the sign -up forms. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working on a solution. I have tracked your account so that once it is resolved, you should be notified.

Timothy_G
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Good Day,

Has this issue been fixed as yet? I am also trying to change the text at the bottom. Reason being is that it is pulling the information from my parent company account on Constant Contact but we have a division of the company that I am using the form on...so I do not want our parent company's name showing in the text...I would like to change to our other division's name.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Sjaelan

Hello @SjaelanE ,

The text showing up at the bottom of your sign-up form is based on the company information for your primary account. If you are needing to change that, you'll want to go into your account, and update your organization's address / info in My Settings.

If the account is for the overall organization and needs to have the parent company's info at the bottom of every email campaign, you may need to look at splitting the account or utilizing the Business Partner program.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Thanks for your reply. Is there a way to edit the text in the inline code? And to change the font to match my website.

When you edit your website's style sheet, the inline form's text should change with it by default. Does that not seem to be the case, @SjaelanE ?

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Hi William, I am having the same problem. The embedded form insists on displaying in "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif; I would like to change other things about the form too. It takes up way too much vertical space. Is there a list of classes to work with somewhere? I know css pretty well if I could just figure out what the classes are that are controlling things. Thanks!

Hello @HeidiM574 ,

Could you please reply to the automated @ mention email with the link to the form (if it's live on your site), as well as the name of the form in your CTCT account? 

As far as more customization goes, if you have experience with such coding, you may be interested in working with our Developer / Web Services team to create your own form. That way you can have a lot more control and customization, and still have it linked to our API for automatic contact info additions. You can also reach out to their support through the Community as well under the Developer Community submenu in the top-right corner.

William D

Regular Participant

Hi William, I'm not sure what you mean by replying to the @ mention email, but here is the link to the form: http://box5529.temp.domains/~heidimic/WordPress/

I would like to change the size and color of the h2 headline as well as make the fields have less vertical padding so the whole form takes up less vertical space. Also, make the field labels smaller. I have experience with css but just need to know what classes or ids to alter to make those changes. Thank you for your quick response!

Hello @HeidiM574 ,

My apologies for the delayed response. Was this form built using a Constant Contact-Wordpress integration? Or is it the inline form you made in the Sign Up Forms tab in Constant Contact?

Wordpress(dot)com sites tends not to like outside scripting, which is the reason I ask. Wordpress(dot)org sites accept inline code. I just want to make sure the higher level technical team and I are on the same page for this.

William D

Regular Participant

I created the form using the Sign Up Forms tab in Constant Contact and I'm using the following:

<!-- Begin Constant Contact Inline Form Code -->
<div class="ctct-inline-form" data-form-id="b314182d-9144-4b17-a4a3-828f648f5ce9"> </div>
<!-- End Constant Contact Inline Form Code -->

But I'm open to suggestions...if there is another way of accomplishing the same thing that gives me more control over what the form looks like that would be great as well.

Is your site a Wordpress .com or .org site, @HeidiM574 ?

William D

Regular Participant

Yes, it's WordPress. Hosted. Here's the staging site: http://box5529.temp.domains/~heidimic/WordPress/

Regular Participant

Eventually it will be heidimichaels.com

So at this point, I'd recommend looking into the Wordpress integration for us, to get your sign up form created and synced properly. As far as having more command over various design elements, speaking with the Web Services / Dev team is going to be your best bet. You're also welcome to reach out to the Dev team through the Community as well.

William D