cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending to a distribution list

Occasional Visitor

Sending to a distribution list

We are planning to send invitations for a forthcoming event. Many of our contacts do not have personal emails. So, as an example, assume we have users such as Bill, George and John and they all share the email . At the same time, this email address is accessible to other users of that company but we do not intend to invite them. In this case, we would need to send 3 separated invitations, each one of those will include personalization for the above three users. Other users will also receive those.

I understand that the above scenario will not work and Constant Contact will not allow this. Is that true? Is there any workaround?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Sending to a distribution list

Hello @JohnT5099,

That's a great question! We actually don't have any control over who an email goes to when you send it to a distribution list, which is one of the reasons we don't allow them. The only way around this is to get each person's direct email address. 

If you have any additional questions about that, please let us know. 

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.