SEO

RicoN8
Participant

SEO

I have had a quick SEO audit done on my website hosted with you all. The findings are pretty bad with some simple best practices missing the ConstantContact side. How can I resolve some of these issues? Examples: *Possible duplicate content issue:  isn't redirecting to  (a 301 redirect would be best but a canonical could work) *The blog title is within a sub folder, of a sub folder, within another sub folder. *For example, the /about page is serving a 200 successful server response as well as a javascript version. Each of these is indexable. I'm not sure why ConstactContact would allow it to be crawled as a page... If it were me, I wouldn't be okay with this setup by the platform - At minimum it shouldn't be crawled and I don't see instructions to not crawl these types of pages. I wouldn't know the fix for this without research. *Homepage internal links appear to be set to open new tabs.

1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @RicoN8 ,

There's several bits to this, so let's break them down:

Possible duplicate content issue: isn't redirecting to (a 301 redirect would be best but a canonical could work) The WSB team and I aren't 100% sure what this point is referring to, but you're correct that we don't support 301 redirects. We're just not sure what you're trying to redirect or why because this point seems to have been cut off when you were typing this post out.

The blog title is within a sub folder, of a sub folder, within another sub folder. This should not actually affect the way that SEO functions. It might make it confusing for a human trying to program the site, but since everything is done automatically by programs this shouldn't be a problem.

For example, the /about page is serving a 200 successful server response as well as a javascript version. Each of these is indexable. I'm not sure why ConstactContact would allow it to be crawled as a page... If it were me, I wouldn't be okay with this setup by the platform - At minimum it shouldn't be crawled and I don't see instructions to not crawl these types of pages. I wouldn't know the fix for this without research. The setting to turn off SEO indexing is in the page settings, and can be done on a page-by-page process. We're not sure which SEO tool you're using, but most of them will index a page, then run the java-script and re-index the same page. That's fairly standard in the tools we've seen. It's also how google bots work for website crawling, and isn't something we can modify.

Homepage internal links appear to be set to open new tabs. Any time you insert a link, in the link options there is a toggle for the 'open in new tab' feature.

If you need any clarifications, or additional guidance / 1:1 assistance, I'd recommend reaching out to the Website Builder support team directly.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.