Website broken

LewisS
Frequent Participant

Website broken

I can't send newsletters
10 REPLIES 10
LewisS
Frequent Participant

We use square brackets in our subjects to let our subscribes know the list name. Today we're getting an error unless we remove them.
William_D

Hello @LewisS ,

I took a look at your account, and it looks like all your most recent emails have all been successfully sent out. Are you still having issues with scheduling them?

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
LewisS
Frequent Participant

This stopped for a while but started occurring again a couple days ago. In order to send our newsletters we have to Duplicate every one into the new editor, send the newsletter, and remember to delete the original newsletter. This manual process is time consuming and has already resulted in us double sending one newsletter.

Even though we've been with you for ten years this is broken enough that we are researching other services.

Are you giving all of your email campaigns the exact same name? I'm not sure I understand how you'd have double-sent a newsletter from the retired legacy editor.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
LewisS
Frequent Participant

No, they all have custom names. 

The process we are going through is we use our server to generate the campaigns which are inserted into Constant Contact with the API. Then we log in to Constant Contact to send the campaigns. Previously we'd simply preview and send each of them.

Now, when we click on the campaigns it gives an error "We released a new custom code editor! ... You can't use this editor to make new emails anymore, but you can copy this email into our new editor." We do that and now have two versions of the newsletter with the same name. We send the copy and then have to manually delete the API generated campaign. 

This happened in December, but you fixed it on your end. Now it's happening again. If you look at our account you can see all the deleted campaigns. 

It looks like there is a "format_type=5" flag in the v3 api which might be necessary to have the newsletters default to the new editor but I'm not sure it's available in the v2 api we use.

Post flooding detection is broken.

If this is involving the API, have you reached out to our custom coding team via phone or to Web Services either through the Developer board on the Community or their main website to troubleshoot these issues?

William D

LewisS
Frequent Participant

Wow, thanks for nothing. Have a good day.

Apologies for the miscommunication, I'm trying to make sure you're getting directed to the specialized teams that have the tools and insight capable of troubleshooting your issues involving the API. Similar to how we have specialized Billing and Website Builder teams, we also have specialized teams for the API and HTML coding.

You can reach the Web Services team through email on their website, or you can make a post on their Community board. Please make sure to include all the data you have regarding this issue to help expedite their troubleshooting process and get your email situation handled.

William D

LewisS
Frequent Participant

Of course my message from December on the Developer API community board doesn't have any responses from the team over there. Neither does a similar post about the same problem from another user. We'll see if yet another post garners any interest but I won't hold my breath.

I apologize for my earlier comment. My team and I are going to reach out to some other teams, to see if we can find someone to address this issue in a more expedient manner for you. They'll likely be emailing your account's main address directly, but they may also respond on the Dev board post you created. 

William D