cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to embed video in an email?

SOLVED

Would you like a live video of yourself talking to your email list embeeded in you email?

Constant contact is wonderful but the next step up is a video of you talking to your email list embedded right into the emails you're sending.  Ask for more information.
Susan
Valued Contributor

Would you like a live video of yourself talking to your email list embeeded in you email?

There is no way to embed video in email. Generally, what is done to simulate a video in email is to host the email on a website and put a image in the email that looks like an embedded video, with start button and all, but when you click on it you are taken to a website that actually hosts the video. This involves a number of steps, from producing the video, creating the simulated image, and hosting the video. You can do this all on your own or hire a company to do any parts of it. I presume you are a reseller for a company that offers these services.

Solution Provider

EMBEDDING

Is there a way to EMBED an audio, video or document (PDF) that can be stored somewhere (say a website) else in the Internet into a Constant Contact email. so, that the viewer is not taken away from the email but viewing or listening to all content within the email.
Valued Contributor

EMBEDDING

No

Embed video in the newsletter?

My open and click thru rates are a little better than average. But there is still a wide gulf. And I want clients to click thru to see the new video, etc I am telling them about.

It would be great if there were a way they could simply click on an image in the newsletter that would start or take them straight to the video with out a web page being "in the way".
Valued Contributor

In order to view a video, it must be embedded in a web page unless you want the recipient to download it which is way more complicated for the recipient. However, you can design a web page with nothing but the video and have the video auto start. Doing so would let your recipient go straight to the video and the web page is not in the way.
Occasional Participant

I did a newsletter where uploaded a photograph, while uploading the picture, in the data, I just wrote the link to youtube video and it worked... if you have trouble, contact me. roberto
Occasional Participant

It is not possible now but it would be a great feature if Constant Contact development team could add it. Videos always engage readers' attention. In fact anything moving or interactive looking makes them interested.
Occasional Participant

how to embed video in an email?

If your video is hosted on youtube, you can right click on the video, save image to your computer and import that into your library. Then you make it a clickable link, and paste the link to the video on youtube and put the description as "_____ video" My newsletter is for my restaurant so I put "Video recipe on YouTube" as my description. Works well.

You Tube and other videos

Is there any way to ad/ upload You Tube and other videos to our newsletters? (not just as a link)
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!