cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Formatting issue - email does not look like preview.

SOLVED

Re: Width and Formatting Issues in Outlook

my two cents.. Same width problem here. No problems anywhere except bosses machine which is Windows 7 with Outlook. Even IE 6 works perfectly. An added element to the puzzle, when the boss forwards the email to herself everything renders as expected.

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue as the other users with the column formatting in my newsletter in Outlook. I use the same template from month-to-month and have never had this issue before. The only change that I can think of for this month's newsletter is that I changed the logo in the upper left corner. I think that may be affecting the column width in Outlook but not sure exactly what it changed. Could you take a look at my code in the advanced editor? Thanks so much!

Honored Contributor

Hi Diana,

Could you let us know what the name of the email is and what version of Outlook you're using (2003,2007,2010)?

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Regular Visitor

The email name is Monday Morning WakeUp February 2012 and we are using Outlook 2007. Thanks for your help!

Honored Contributor

Hi Diana,

Your margins and padding are causing the issue. For example, on line 22 of the code you'll see that the padding and alignment are on top of each other. Correcting these issues in the code should help the display in Outlook.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

It looks like we're having the same issue when trying to view our emails in Outlook 2007. We've played around with the formatting in Constant Contact to solve most of the disply issues, but now the main thing is the top logo, which should be alligned left; it appears almost centered in Outlook. The emails in question are Summer 2012 EBlast Template-4 Articles and Summer 2012 EBlast Template-3 Articles. Any help would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi,

We were able to correct both emails. The code for the block was incorrect. The image was aligned left but the text was aligned center. We fixed this in the copies we made.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

Occasional Organizer

Reconfiguring Blocks

I'm using the Wine Tasting template and thought I would be able to have a list of the groups on the left side for quick scrolling (click on one and it jumps to that specific group), but it doesn't seem to work this way. Now I want to change the blocks containing group information to a wider format so they fit the entire width of the template, but cannot figure out how to do this. Any suggestions?
Holly Sabatelli
Tags (3)
Honored Contributor

Re: Reconfiguring Blocks

Hi Holly,

If you would like a block on the left, or right, side to have it set up as a Table of Contents, you can use our Anchor links.

To move blocks, you would want to hover over the block you wish to move first. Then you will see a 4 way arrow in the top right of the block. Click on that and you can drag the block to where you want it to be.

Please note: Your template is probably set up to only have full width blocks at the top and bottom of your template.  So, you would want to move your block all the way down to fill the full width.

If you'd like me to take a look at your email, please let me know the name of it and I'd be happy to jump in and take a look.

Hope that helps!

Occasional Participant

Email newsletter viewing on iPad not as formatted

I've been using CC for several years and am happy with the simple template I've been using (Basic Pack - Right Sidebar).  The sent email newsletters look just as I format them when opened on a mail client on a computer - like Mail or Outlook.  But when opened on an iPad, apparently the width of the body gets condensed so some of the text on the right side gets pushed to the next line and some of the buttons on the right sidebar are missing completely.

Is there any way to create a newsletter that will look the same on all devices?  Maybe there's a template that's universal?

Thanks!

Sheila

Tags (1)