cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Width of email

SOLVED
Participant

Re: resizing blocks

It is the Schmersal campaign and I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you!

Hi Dean,

Please take a look at "CTCT Schmersal". I have removed the space from the logo block for you. I ended up removing the large amount of padding that was in the block adding space on the left, right, top and bottom. Here's a piece of your code:

Space.jpg

You will see I highlighted where the padding is. I lowered it to 5 pixels but you are welcome to play with this number! Check out my copy (feel free to use it if you want) or test this in your own version.

Please let me know if this helped!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Participant

Wow! That is so much better! Thank you for your help

Participant

Sorry I am having one other issue with the same email. I added a full image above the header but have white space at the bottom of the block. Following the example you gave me with the HTML code, I looked to adjust the padding, but all the padding values are 0. Is there a way to eliminate this space? Thank you!

I'm glad to hear that worked! In the case of the header it looks like there is a non-breaking space under the image. In the code that looks like this:

7-26-2013 10-26-49 AM.jpg

You just need to delete that out and the space will be removed. 

Hannah M.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Visitor

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. Can you let me know how to delete the extra space at the bottom of my email?

- you have permission to go into the Summer 2015 Newsletter email.

Thanks for your help,

Katie

HI @NicoletteS8 (Katie),

Check out the email named "CTCT MNCH@JSI Summer 2015 Newsletter" in your account. There was a preset height in that block that needed to be removed so it would shrink to fit your content.

Thanks!

Hannah M.

Visitor

Thanks!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

How to Resize your Images

Once you have inserted your images into your email, you may need to resize them so that they fit within a block or with the content that you have.  There are a few ways to resize your images.  If you want your image to fit the width of the block you are working in, you can click the gear icon at the top right corner of your image and choose “Fit to Block.”  This will automatically resize the image for you and adjust it to the width of the block. 

resize1.png

If you want to resize your image but not fit it to the width of the block you have a couple of options.  You will want to get to the Customize window for images.  To get to this you can either double click on the image in the block, or click on the gear icon and choose resize.  This will bring you to a screen like this: 

resize2.png

From this screen at the bottom you will see a slider bar; if you move this to the left it will make your image smaller, while moving it to the right will make it bigger.  This allows you to resize the image by seeing the visual change.  The other way to resize from this window is towards the bottom right hand corner, you can resize by pixels.  This will allow you to set a specific pixel height or width for an image.  By default all resizing edits made to an image will keep the original proportions of the image.  If you want to edit just the height of width of the image without it keeping proportions, click on the padlock icon.  You will now see the padlock looks like it is “unlocked.”  This will now allow you to change the dimensions individually. 

Please note:  These changes will be made for the one block that you are working on, and will not become the default size for the image.  If you want to change the default size, try editing the image.  

All Star

Make logo auto size to fill Logo Block

The logo file I have in my image library states it is 595 pixels wide (it's our company logo with a header design that should extend the width of the email template per our branding). But when I "create an email" and it pulls this file into the logo block, the size has shrunk by more than half and centered it. 

Is there a way to pull the image in at 100% size automatically? 

When I create a new email, it places the logo automatically like this (at 250px wide): 

cc_logo_small.jpg

I need it to look like this but without any white space at top or right; it does not allow me to "fit to block"): 

cc_logo_correct.jpg

Tags (3)