Automation Priority

Highlighted

Automation Priority

Automation can only be triggered on lists. I've learned already that an automated series targeting a specific list overrides a welcome email set up for "any" new contact. Where can I find the full list of these rules? For example: if one automated series targets two lists, and a second automated series targets one of those two, which one will get triggered? both? 

Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Automation Priority

Hi @SheriG89 

It's important I mention that a new sign-up is not the only way an automation can be triggered. But you are correct, Automated Email Series will override any Welcome Email you have scheduled to send to the same lists. For your example, the contact will receive both automated series. I apologize for any confusion there may be with your automated campaign. Having a full list of "rules" is definitely a great feature request I have tracked in your account. However in the meantime, this is not something that is available. Though this may be the case we do have an article in our Help Center focused on use cases and best practices for creating and sending an Automated Email Series. I hope this helps in the meantime!

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured