We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Color Suggestion

CarltonG0
Occasional Participant

Color Suggestion

Hi,

I am designing a newsletter for a non-profit, we want to solicit donations. I created a design for donations but I would love design and color suggestions from anyone. What colors are good for donation designs and what designs (I use Canva) would be great?

4 REPLIES 4
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @CarltonG0,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! You will want your colors and design to match your website for consistency. Please take a look at this article that has a few examples of good donation pages. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
AllianceOfNH
Frequent Participant

I always think newsletter colors should be drawn from your logo, and fonts should remain consistent across platforms to create a brand identity. But that said, there are psychological studies that show which colors entice people to spend money.

Red: The Color for Action

You’ll see an intense red used in logos of companies whose brands are about action, like Coca Cola, CNN, and the Red Cross. Use bright red for your giveaway if your brand’s adrenaline-driven, from something serious like saving lives or seriously fun like winning a game.

Blue: The Color for Credibility

Blue connotes calm, and sometimes cold. If your brand’s about being trustworthy, conservative, or traditional, consider blue. Note that companies that use blue in their branding are often looking to position themselves as rock solid in industries that can provoke anxiety (think taxes and doctors’ visits!). AmericanExpress, Blue Cross, Boeing, and PayPal use blue. If this sounds like you, consider the color blue to attract customers. Accent it with yellow to establish trust with a lighter side (like WalMart does).

Green: The Color for Healing

Green’s still the color of money but today it’s just as often the color of eco-friendly companies, causes, and products. Companies like Starbucks, Whole Foods, and Land Rover use green to imply a natural or outdoor orientation. If your brand is about what’s natural—whether that’s the environment, good health, or healing, green sends the message.

Good luck!

Leslie Hammond

Director of Education & Communications

Home Care Hospice & Palliative Care Alliance of New Hampshire

ModernShoe
Retail

I work in retail advertising, but when I need color inspiration (there are so many variations of every color, how to choose?) I go to the Pantone website (pantone.com) and look at the Fashion Color Trend Reports for the season. It helps keep my ad color choices looking fresh and less dated. You can find the color trend reports here: https://www.pantone.com/articles/fashion-color-trend-report

Hope that helps! 

Best wishes,

Christine Baker

Modern Shoe, Inc.
JennyF08
Participant

I agree with matching your logo, branding, etc. to keep the message connected to the nonprofits style and theming, I found it helpful to do the branding sheet in Canva and also did a branding board that features images of things that are the vibe of the organization so it is a jumping off place when I start creating or have anyone else do something for us.  example:  If the organization is pet related, then you could do your campaign themed around a walk in the park [but still using the logo colors etc.]

Patti

reMADE