Constant Contact for Salesforce - Activity History Error Message

SOLVED
Go to solution
Participant

Constant Contact for Salesforce - Activity History Error Message

Hi,

For our client, we've been using the original "Constant Contact for Salesforce" plugin in Salesforce for the past 4 years. We use Zapier to send the new leads into Constant Contact and sync email opt out status between CC and SF.

Recently client sees that the activity history in the Salesforce leads no longer is showing the days and times when our automated emails go out in the "Constant Contact Activity History" section. Instead in this section it's showing the following error message:

only whitespace content allowed before start tag and not E (position: START_DOCUMENT seen E... @1:1)
Error is in expression '{!InitPage}' in component <apex:page> in page ctct21:leadcampaignhistory: (CTCT21)

An unexpected error has occurred. Your solution provider has been notified. (CTCT21)

This appears to be an XML formatting issue. The other features of the SF plugin appear to be working correctly as leads are receiving automated emails. Can someone help me find the developer's contact info for support? I can't find the plugin on the appexchange. Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The developer of the CTCT App is Constant Contact & CodeScience yet this has been deprecated is why this error occurs.

You can read more on that here https://support.cazoomi.com/hc/en-us/articles/204089695-Constant-Contact-for-Salesforce-Connector-v2... and to replicate what you are using Zapier (one-way sync) and the CTCT InfoTransfer (deprecated on AppExchange) for so you can do in SyncApps today.

Just hop on a trial and our 24/7 support staff can guide you on a call anytime how it works to make sure you have bidirectional flows between your Salesforce and Constant Contact, including metrics from Campaigns and Activity history in Salesforce from each Campaign in Constant Contact.

More on that here - https://www.cazoomi.com/salesforce-to-constant-contact/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @MarkM5314 ,

Based on my search, this seem to be the best page to find ways to get in touch with Zapier's support, and to troubleshoot their integrations.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Thank you for the Zapier support link. I submitted a support ticket with Zapier in case they can help us troubleshoot any issues from the zap side. 

It's possible this issue is on the plugin side. Can you please help me find the developer's contact for the original "Constant Contact for Salesforce" plugin that was on the appexchange? I'm not able to find the original plugin on the site and find a way to contact the developer. 

Hello @MarkM5314 ,

Looking at SF's appexchange site, I'm not seeing anything as far as a direct integration between our systems. On our end we've officially recognized Cazoomi as 3rd party way to connect us, but whatever used to be directly available on appexchange seems to no longer there. It may be worth reaching out to SF's support to see if they'd have any insight as far as Constant Contact apps / integrations that may or may not have been on their appexhchange page.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

The developer of the CTCT App is Constant Contact & CodeScience yet this has been deprecated is why this error occurs.

You can read more on that here https://support.cazoomi.com/hc/en-us/articles/204089695-Constant-Contact-for-Salesforce-Connector-v2... and to replicate what you are using Zapier (one-way sync) and the CTCT InfoTransfer (deprecated on AppExchange) for so you can do in SyncApps today.

Just hop on a trial and our 24/7 support staff can guide you on a call anytime how it works to make sure you have bidirectional flows between your Salesforce and Constant Contact, including metrics from Campaigns and Activity history in Salesforce from each Campaign in Constant Contact.

More on that here - https://www.cazoomi.com/salesforce-to-constant-contact/

View solution in original post